This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Correct logic for "defined by object"
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 23:36:05 +1030
- Subject: Re: Correct logic for "defined by object"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141223124131 dot GB4313 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAMe9rOr_z64ZWtbSOwF_GT_-p5Sn-QE4KKKg0s6MVPFU3jPLEA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 04:46:29AM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
> No testcase?
No. This patch wasn't in response to a bug report or from observing
wrong linker behaviour myself. In fact, I don't think you can write a
testcase that fails with the old code and passes with the new, due to
the way def->by_object is used. The patch was really just a tidy.
Australia Development Lab, IBM