This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Compress debug sections for Linux/x86 by default
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 10:22:57 -0500
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Compress debug sections for Linux/x86 by default
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141214144317 dot GA25790 at gmail dot com> <20141214145630 dot GL5162 at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOrLMfGgT6Z3F6Y4EyHgjD38X3xp=v3rTPa7zXABe9nF=g at mail dot gmail dot com> <20141214154937 dot GM5162 at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOrhiU5N=9CBaP=WC4HvpEJfv7BaJ+K=Wr+Vd2cc8NQjGg at mail dot gmail dot com>
> Let's discuss it now. We have plenty of time to make the final decision
> for binutils 2.26.
I'll leave the decision to the maintainers, as I don't really have
much data on the usefulness of this feature, vs the (temporary)
disruption it might cause.