This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Change ld.so.cache location
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Jake <jake dot waksbaum at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 14:08:57 +1030
- Subject: Re: Change ld.so.cache location
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAE4QivVGO2ZgmA6hSwRgAAvnbEcUj=DcQtr-m3qB=F=7DX+Ew at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Dec 04, 2014 at 09:24:03PM -0500, Jake wrote:
> I have limited permissions on my computer, which means I cannot edit
> /etc or /etc/ld.so.cache. I have binutils, glibc and gcc installed to
> /usr/local. Is there anyway to change where ld looks for ld.so.cache
> so I can use ldconfig to create my own in /usr/local?
ld will look in $prefix/etc/ld.so.conf first.
Australia Development Lab, IBM