This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Disabling Consistency Checks
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Eric Neblock <c_eric at sbcglobal dot net>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 21:26:55 +1030
- Subject: Re: Disabling Consistency Checks
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <547CB428 dot 2070108 at sbcglobal dot net>
On Mon, Dec 01, 2014 at 12:32:08PM -0600, Eric Neblock wrote:
> When trying to implement a hardware break for a separate program (by
> using an execv) that is dynamically linked, ld complains with the following:
> Inconsistency detected by ld.so: ../elf/dl-runtime.c: 79: _dl_fixup:
> Assertion `((reloc->r_info) & 0xffffffff) == 7' failed!
No, this is not ld. This is ld.so, part of glibc.
Australia Development Lab, IBM