RE: [patch gas]: Set correct dwarf2 return column value for x64 windows target

  Hi all,

  sorry to dig out this very old stuff...
but I do not understand that patch which
seem to me to be responsible for the fact that
mingw64 CFI states that the return column is 32 (which corresponds to xmm15
register)
This is also seen in GDB where info frame always states
that register xmm15 is saved at the same location than rip...

  In fact, I was puzzled by this xmm15 saved register and it took me some
time
to understand why xmm15 was used.
  I finally tracked it down to the patch below,
and by reverting it in gas/cconfig/tc-i386.c
I was able to get more sensible frame information both
with objdump -W and with GDB.

  Could it be that the reason of your patch:
" which has a different call-clobber set."
  does not apply anymore and that thus using 16 which is indeed
the dwarf register number of RIP register
is the correct value?

Pierre Muller...
tired after a long bug hunt...

PS: I also tried out the cygwin64 target and the patch
seems also wrong there.