Re: Automated Toolchain Building and Testing

> I'm not too sure if Jenkins is actually a good choice, just because I
> question that there's a working Java especially for old Unix-alike
> systems that GCC still (in theory) supports. What about eg. older IRIX
> or Ultrix systems?
I have no such experience on running jenkins under java runtime on old
and legacy systems. In my case, it's exactly focused on such
environment which is with modern linux-like systems like Ubuntu. plus,
the minimum runtime environment of running jenkins with up-to-date
version is java 1.5 or later.

> ...or can you, instead of using the Java-based
> client part of Jenkins, issue all commands over a SSH (or maybe even
> Telnet...) session?  Is there a module for this available?
If making jenkins running on target systems you want whether old or
modern, then take a look at Jenkins-SSH
(https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Jenkins+SSH) to remotely
control over ssh.