Re: preprocessor macro to identify binutils version?

I spent a long time looking for this too, and failed. If there is, I'd
like to know about it. Otherwise I'll likely add a hack to binutils
for my use that provides this. That doesn't solve the general case,
though.

It'd be nice if the CVS/Git ID/revision (replace with "tarball" or
similar if not in VCS) was included, and a detailed date stamp, too.
If these were introduced into core binutils people could at least make
use of this info into the future (which would be sufficient for my
purposes).

Regards,

Fred.