Re: Correct digest to ask questions

On Jan 31, 2013, at 7:25 PM, Ken Kazinski wrote:

> Is this the correct digest to ask questions about bfd in general?
>
> I am working on a older VAX system (5.5).  It looked as if some of the utilities would open a Vax image file and decode it.  Can the bfd utilities be used to decode older Vax images?

Support for VAX/VMS object and binaries has been removed a few years ago.  Currently, only Alpha/VMS and IA64/VMS formats are supported (and fully supported: both the assembler and the linker works).

Maybe if you get a old version of binutils (maybe 2.9), you could get some supports.  But as far as I know, ld was never ported for VAX/VMS.

Can you clarify what do you need ?

Tristan.