Re: -Ttext and phdr_in_segment

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 03:47:56PM +1030, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 07:23:04PM +0530, Senthil Kumar Selvaraj wrote:
> >  My question, again, is if comparing the headers size against the LMA of
> >  the text section (section[0]) correct?
>
> Yes.  A better question might be "Why is avr ld trying to generate
> demand paged binaries?"

Thanks for the hint, I'd missed the fact that the condition only applies
if D_PAGED is turned on in the bfd's flags.

The AVR port uses the TARGET_LITTLE_SYM macro way of creating the
bfd_target structure, and D_PAGED is therefore automatically included in
the flags.

What's the best way to turn it off? Some targets (cr16 for example) turn
it off in the linker emulation template, by setting magic_demand_paged
to FALSE in the after_parse hookr. Is this the way to go, or should the
bfd_target structure be explicitly created without the D_PAGED flag? Or
is there some other "hook" that can be used to turn off the flag
automatically after creation of the structure with the default flags?

Regards
Senthil