This is the mail archive of the mailing list for the binutils project.

Re: invocation of mips_elf_multi_got can cause not enough GOT space for local GOT entries

Robert Schiele <> writes:
> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Robert Schiele <> wrote:
>> Thus I wonder whether it is actually unexpected behavior that this
>> relative changes occur or if this is expected behavior it seems quite
>> obvious to me that the assumption of mips_elf_multi_got it makes about
>> calculation of the new page numbers cannot be generally correct.
> I also did some bisecting to see when the problem first occurred. In
> fact I saw it first after
> got committed.
> Obviously this does not mean that this is the culprit since the bug
> could just have been triggered by that in my case. But it could also
> be that this change invalidates some assumptions that were made in the
> original implementation as described in my previous mails.
> Richard, since it seems the original implementation of this idea
> ( and the
> patch that seems to break it
> ( are from
> you, you might have the best idea of what might be going wrong here.

Sorry, it's going to very hard to help here without a testcase.
Can you give any more information about the relocations whose
offsets changed?