This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: macro's and local variables
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Mischa Baars <mjbaars1977 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:00:01 -0700
- Subject: Re: macro's and local variables
- References: <507BD655.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 2:24 AM, Mischa Baars <email@example.com> wrote:
> Who can take a look at this example code? When you look at the files
> attached, you will see that the two different macro's give different answers
> to the same problem.
I don't understand. Of course the different macros give different
answers, because the macros are different. One uses ax and one uses
bx. Also one uses i and the other uses j, and that matters because
you are invoking them in a loop that also uses i. You need to tell us
what you expected to happen, and the difference between what you
expected to happen and what actually happened.