This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode `ldralt r5,[r0],#4'
- From: Matthew Gretton-Dann <matthew dot gretton-dann at linaro dot org>
- To: matthew dot gretton-dann at arm dot com, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: ramrad01 at arm dot com, Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 09:57:52 +0100
- Subject: Re: Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode `ldralt r5,[r0],#4'
- References: <20120911232228.GA10271@sakrah.homelinux.org>
On 12 September 2012 00:22, Khem Raj <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi Matthew
> There is a regression that I am seeing on trunk and also 2.23 branch
> ldralt r5,[r1],#4
> $ ./gas/as-new -march=armv5te /tmp/a.s
> /tmp/a.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/a.s:1: Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode `ldralt r5,[r1],#4'
Yes - I agree that's a regression. Can you please raise the issue in BugZilla?
The problem is that
ldralt is <LDRA><LT> (in unified syntax ARMv8-A and above) and
<LDR><AL><T> (in divided syntax).
I think this may be the only instruction this applies to - but I will
go away and have a think.
There are a couple of user-source workarounds:
* Use unified syntax - so ldrtal instead of ldralt.
* Don't use 'al' -so ldrt and not ldralt.
The binutils fix however is going to take some thinking about, and I
need to discuss with a maintainer what the most acceptable way forward
is. Please don't expect anything before the end of the week.
Linaro Toolchain Working Group