Re: Release 2.23: Ping

On Mon, 3 Sep 2012, Tristan Gingold wrote:

> >  Did I miss anything?
>
> At least the snapshot announcement:
>

> > I have just created the 2.23 branch and uploded prerelease 2.22.90 at:
> > ftp://sourceware.org/pub/binutils/snapshots/binutils-2.22.90.tar.bz2

 Umm...

> The branch was created in July, so you need to backport all these patches.
> I can take care of that, providing you sent me the url of the
> binutils-cvs@ messages.

 Hmm, I would like to get included at least these:

http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-07/msg00139.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00002.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00006.html

(I suggest combining the above three into one; non-MIPS clean-ups from the
second can be discarded as far as I'm concerned)

http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00027.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00028.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00029.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00030.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00044.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00049.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00050.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00084.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00085.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00091.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00092.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00190.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00191.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00209.html

and these would be good to have too:

http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00045.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00046.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00047.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00051.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00052.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00069.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00086.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00093.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00106.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2012-08/msg00192.html

the latters including in particular test suite coverage for some of the
changes from the first set (unfortunately the dependencies require pulling
much more than the minimal required set).  I've dropped some minor updates
that I made in that period.  Overall I worked on the submissions in the
first half of August with the explicit intent to have them included in
2.23, sigh...

 Thanks for your offer WRT applying these -- do you have any way to
process these messages automatically?  Otherwise it might perhaps be
easier if I replayed the original commits on binutils-2_23-branch from the
original patches.  WDYT?

  Maciej