Re: Xgate patch for the binutils

Simoen and maintainers,

I too have been using Sean's tools for a very long time. The first
XGATE .deb that I have on record is dated 5th October 2010, however I
believe I was testing for Sean before that (back when James' patch was
still proprietary). I'd especially like to see the Sean's XGATE tools
in the Debian unstable repository rather than our project repository.
That would ease the maintenance burden that currently exists for
myself, Sean and others providing variants to the public (not in
secret) for Debian/Ubuntu, Mac OS-X and Windows platforms.
Additionally, I'd love to see James' HCS12 bug fixes and optimisations
peer-reviewed and included for the same "apt-get" reasons.

I too offer my assistance in moving this process forward. Please let
us know what, if anything, we can do to help.

Regards,

Fred