Re: git question

It was common practice in the old days of CVS/SVN to put multiple
projects into one repository and have the history interleaved and a
global checkout possible. It doesn't really make sense to do it that
way using Git. Git encourages you to break down your projects into the
appropriate chunks. I assume that people are building the different
projects separately as they are separate projects. You could create a
git super project, using the submodule feature, as you mentioned,
though I'm unsure of what benefit that would be.

I have a simpler question, though: When does binutils complete the
migration to git and get rid of CVS for good?

It feels like that bottle of milk in the fridge that you know you
should have thrown out two months ago but are too scared to touch now
:-)

As long as git is still secondary and lagging the CVS repo, it feels
wrong to bother using it when you might miss the latest commits. What
is the official process through which commits get translated/updated?
Maybe it's automated and on a hook and my fears are unfounded?

Regards,

Fred.