Re: bug#11034: Binutils, GDB, GCC and Automake's 'cygnus' option

On 04/03/2012 09:04 PM, Stefano Lattarini wrote:

> OK, you've all made clear you have your sensible reasons to have the '.info'

> it available only though the new, undocumented option named (literally)
> "hack!info-in-builddir".  I hope this is acceptable to you.
> *undocumented* option '!hack!info-in-builddir' (whose name should
> made it clear that it is not meant for public consumption).

So will this be called a hack forever, or will the naming be revisited
before a release?  IMO, either the feature is sensible, and there doesn't
seem to be a good reason other users couldn't also use it, and hence it
should get a non-hackish name and be documented; or it isn't sensible, and
then it shouldn't exist.  Why the second-class treatment?

--
Pedro Alves