Re: building glibc with gold linker & -frecord-gcc-switches results in internal error

Cary Coutant <ccoutant@google.com> writes:

> I'm not sure what to make of this. I think it clearly doesn't make
> sense to have those relocations in a string merge section, so I'd
> think the right thing to do here is to fix gold so that it prints an
> error instead of asserting.
>
> Ian, what do you think?

Would the error be about a GOT32 relocation in a non-allocated section?
Or would it be about an unrecognized relocation in a string merge
section?  I can't quite decide if we should give an error for either of
those cases or whether we should try to handle them as best we can.

Obviously an error is better than a crash.

And obviously it would be good to figure out what gcc is doing to create
those relocations, and try to fix that.

Ian