This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: PR ld/13177: garbage collector retains zombie references to external libraries
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 09:55:01 +0930
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR ld/13177: garbage collector retains zombie references to external libraries
- References: <20110914191438.GA4795@intel.com>
On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 12:14:38PM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> We shoul also remove symbols without PLT nor GOT references from dynamic
> symbol table. OK to install?
No. A symbol that isn't used in the defining object will have no PLT
or GOT refs in that object, but may need to be exported to satisfy a
reference in some other object.
Australia Development Lab, IBM