This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ld using .. in search paths
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Bryan Ischo <bryan at ischo dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 08:22:48 +0930
- Subject: Re: ld using .. in search paths
- References: <4E5E84A3.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 11:59:47AM -0700, Bryan Ischo wrote:
> OK I know this is likely to be a completely irrelevant issue for
> most people but I recently experience a very puzzling problem that
> ended up to be due to ld's use of '..' in its search paths.
I think you are blaming the wrong program. If ld is told via -L to
search a patch containing ".." then it should do exactly that.
ln -s . foo
"foo/.." above is not the same as "."
Australia Development Lab, IBM