This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][ARM] Skip excluded sections when inserting mapping symbols for data-only sections
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Christophe Lyon <christophe dot lyon at st dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 12:16:08 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][ARM] Skip excluded sections when inserting mapping symbols for data-only sections
- References: <4E57B52E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On ARM, mapping symbols are inserted at the beginning of data-only
sections, but in the case of merged sections it can result in a nameless
symbol (when the corresponding input section has SEC_EXCLUDE). This
causes Android's apriori to raise an assertion.
I propose the attached fix, tested on arm-none-eabi.
Approved - please apply.