Re: "ld --verbose" omits SECTIONS-to-PHDRS mapping

John Reiser <jreiser@bitwagon.com> writes:

> That's my point: the default linker script (for any output format
> that generates ElfXX_Phdr) always should contain a PHDRS paragraph.

I just want to note that gold does not use a default linker script at
all, because a default linker script slows down the linker with no
benefit to 99.9% of linker users.  Extending ld's default linker script
to include PHDRS information, rather than representing it
algorithmically as is done today, would be another way of slowing down
ld with no benefit to 99.9% of users.

Ian