This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ld exclusion of *default* memory address mapping
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Jon Grant <jg at jguk dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 15:34:45 +0930
- Subject: Re: ld exclusion of *default* memory address mapping
- References: <BANLkTin-zPc74CGByXpo0JhPGLmrnxV3GA@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 01:55:01PM +0100, Jon Grant wrote:
> I am using a build of ld, v2.20. I would like to exclude the *default*
> catch all memory address visible in the map file quote below.
If you specify some memory regions, GNU ld will give an error (or
warning if --no-check-sections) if an output section without an
address is assigned to the default region. If you specify an address
(see ld info Output Section Description) it's assumed you know what
you're doing. So I'm wondering why you want anything more than this?
Australia Development Lab, IBM