This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
some question about output section
- From: loody <miloody at gmail dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 23:29:13 +0800
- Subject: some question about output section
I have some questions as below:
1. Is it possible to put whole .text of a static library to one output section?
2. Is it possible to put whole sections of a static library to one
3. is it possible for some file B to get address of some function in
A, while linking?
4. usually the address of a static lib is not determined until link
stage. Is it possible we can pre-defined the address of each function
in a static lib?
( I try to describe my environment with pseudo code as below)
file A, entry= 0xbf000000
.text (exclude lib1.a)
VMA(.text of lib1.a) = 0xbf100000
LMA(.text of lib1.a) = behind of .text
VMA(whole sections of lib2.a) = 0x80000000
LMA(whole sections of lib2.a) = behind of lib1.a
file B, entry= 0xbfa00000
call function c in lib1.a