This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: backport plugin fixes to 2.21
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 13:13:53 +0200
- Subject: Re: backport plugin fixes to 2.21
- References: <20110427092033.GC19947@bubble.grove.modra.org>
On Apr 27, 2011, at 11:20 AM, Alan Modra wrote:
> I've backported my plugin fixes to the branch, along with some from
> HJ and Dave. I also put Mark Wielaard's PR 10549 fix on the branch,
> with the exception of the ARM patch. I left ARM out since the branch
> lacks ifunc support for ARM, and I didn't want to make the call that
> ifunc was safe/desirable for ARM on the branch. That's not to say
> that I think it would be unsafe, just that I don't know.
> As far as I'm aware, this means both mainline and 2.21 now have full
> support for LTO, and neither needs gcc pass-through-libs.
according to your latest message about 2.21.1 and plugins:
> There's still one outstanding LTO issue that needs solving on HEAD and then
> a backport of all the plugin-api updates to the branch. The one outstanding
> issue is the pr12365/2-stage link discussion which I'm about to revive, having
> spent the past little while trying a few different approaches.
some of this work has been completed by Alan (pr12365 is closed).
Do you expect more backports to the release branch ?