This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] Convert coff-rs6000.c to iso-c
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 10:21:53 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [patch] Convert coff-rs6000.c to iso-c
- References: <49F283B4-757D-4BFF-9FCB-94097A486783@adacore.com> <4DAC3D3A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 18 Apr 2011, Nick Clifton wrote:
> PS. If you are going to do more of these you might also like to replace
> occurrences of the PTR macro with "void *".
How about declaring all the macros in ansidecl.h that are for pre-C90
compatibility obsolete and removing their definitions once all uses in the
gcc and src repositories are gone? That's ANSI_PROTOTYPES PTR PTRCONST
LONG_DOUBLE PARAMS VPARAMS VA_START VA_OPEN VA_CLOSE VA_FIXEDARG CONST
VOLATILE SIGNED PROTO EXFUN DEFUN DEFUN_VOID AND DOTS NOARGS (plus
definitions as macros of const volatile signed). Some of these macros may
already have been eliminated (GCC's system.h poisons eight of them, for
example, and some more are not defined if IN_GCC) and despite the comments
on ansidecl.h claiming to be from the GNU C Library, the glibc copy was
removed in 1997 so it's purely a libiberty header now.
Joseph S. Myers