This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] aix: ignore -bbigtoc linker switch
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 12:36:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] aix: ignore -bbigtoc linker switch
- References: <50FE60C7-7DE7-4D6A-9C45-5C0A3D31BAD7@adacore.com>
Tristan Gingold <email@example.com> writes:
> config/mh-ppc-aix has the following lines:
> BOOT_LDFLAGS = -Wl,-bbigtoc
> LDFLAGS = `case $(CC) in *gcc*) echo -Wl,-bbigtoc ;; esac;`
> Unfortunately, gnu-ld doesn't support -bbigtoc at all. The following patch makes ld silently ignore it, and thus can be
> used to build binutils.
Yeah, I'd hit this too, and TBH was just commenting out the mh-ppc-aix
lines. I was hoping to look at a "real" implementation at some point,
but time as always got the better of me. I agree your patch is the
best thing for now.
> Ok for trunk ?
> 2011-04-18 Tristan Gingold <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * emultempl/aix.em (_add_options): Ignore -bbigtoc switch.
OK, thanks. I think it should go on the branch too.