This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] C6X unwinding table generation
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 19:22:24 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] C6X unwinding table generation
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Regarding the whole patch series, there still seem to be some bits missing
- are they going to come in subsequent patches?
* Testcase for linker handling of R_C6000_PREL31.
* Will the assembler properly generate CANTUNWIND markers for functions
without unwind information, if a function with unwind information is
followed by one without in the .s file? Will the linker generate such
markers for input objects without unwind information, and when doing a
final link for the address after the end of the input objects? This
(similar to what you implemented for ARM a while back) is expressly
required by the ABI (section 10.8.1 in version 0.9).
General comments on this individual patch (more later once I've gone
through the details of it):
* Please name functions and variables in tc-tic6x.c to contain "tic6x"
* Assembler diagnostics should start with a lowercase letter.
* Each diagnostic in tc-tic6x.c should be tested by a testcase (if you
think it's unreachable, abort instead).
* It looks to me like the state you put in the "unwind" variable should
actually go in the tic6x_segment_info_type structure (maybe the c6x_unwind
structure as an element of the tic6x_segment_info_type structure); the
code generally tries to ensure that switching between sections works
properly by keeping state there rather than in global variables.
Joseph S. Myers