This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] R_C6000_EHTYPE
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 18:57:29 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] R_C6000_EHTYPE
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 7 Apr 2011, Paul Brook wrote:
> The attached patch adds support for the R_C6000_EHTYPE relocation.
> This is used by c++ exception handling tables. It serves the same purpose as
> the R_ARM_TARGET2 relocation, except that C6X only really has one addressing
> model. It is implemented as a SB-relative offset of the GOT entry pointing to
> the referenced symbol.
> These relocations can be generated using the new .ehtype assembler directive.
In both places where you add the HOWTO entries for the new relocation you
also need to remove EMPTY_HOWTO (28).
Joseph S. Myers