This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
[patch] bfd/dwarf2.c doesn't follow DW_AT_specification
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 16:51:09 -0700
- Subject: [patch] bfd/dwarf2.c doesn't follow DW_AT_specification
If a function call from A to B is inlined, and the DWARF info for A
has a DW_AT_specification attribute, the DWARF reader doesn't follow
the ref to get the name of A from its declaration DIE. Oddly enough,
it does in the case where the inlined function B itself has a
Is this patch OK?
* dwarf2.c (scan_unit_for_symbols): Check for DW_AT_specification.
RCS file: /cvs/src/src/bfd/dwarf2.c,v
retrieving revision 1.139
diff -u -p -r1.139 dwarf2.c
--- dwarf2.c 3 Mar 2011 23:43:08 -0000 1.139
+++ dwarf2.c 6 Apr 2011 23:45:47 -0000
@@ -2164,6 +2164,7 @@ scan_unit_for_symbols (struct comp_unit
+ case DW_AT_specification:
func->name = find_abstract_instance_name (unit, &attr);