This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Section symbols not getting created. Bug? Is attached patch correct fix?
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: John Marino <binutils at marino dot st>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 12:06:11 +0930
- Subject: Re: Section symbols not getting created. Bug? Is attached patch correct fix?
- References: <4D9B6F4F.email@example.com>
On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 09:36:47PM +0200, John Marino wrote:
> It appears that exp_provide() function used there discards the
> symbols assigned "." and exp_assign() function does not.
No, the difference between exp_provide and exp_assign is that the
former won't define the symbol unless it is referenced. So if you are
expecting to see these symbols post-link, then you should reference
them from object files or via -u command line options.
Australia Development Lab, IBM