This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [gold patch] incremental 7/18: restructure class Incremental_binary
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 12:51:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: [gold patch] incremental 7/18: restructure class Incremental_binary
- References: <BANLkTi=A9muk9HwHY8vURMYHMu04hRWcjw@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <BANLkTinikw+BdhcYLT3P1jq5y1A8FZEOJA@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> +// An object representing the ELF file we edit during an incremental build.
>> +// Similar to Object or Dynobj, but operates on Output_file and contains
>> +// method specific to file edition (TBD). This is the abstract parent class
>> +// implemented in Sized_incremental_binary<size, big_endian> for a specific
>> +// endianness and size.
> Do you mean "editing" rather than "edition"?
Yes, I think so -- maybe "contains methods to support incremental
updating" would be better. The "TBD" can go away, too. (The comment
was moved as-is in this patch, so the wording isn't mine.)