This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH]Add support for Open8 configuration to config.sub (from config.git)
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Kirk Hays <khays at hayshaus dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 12:05:02 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]Add support for Open8 configuration to config.sub (from config.git)
- References: <20110404150032.519B71E00C5@linux-5b4h.site>
Re subject, you mean like it's committed in the upstream
On Mon, 4 Apr 2011, Kirk Hays wrote:
> 2011-04-01 Kirk Hays <email@example.com>
> * config.sub: From config.git: Add configuration support for Open8
> MCU softcore.
If so, then this should be something like "Update from upstream
sources." as you can see for previous imports. ;)
(And it should be a full update, not just a patch for your port;
I don't know if that's what's going on.)
When the changelog instead mentions the specific change, it
looks like a manual patch which is usually due to a
misunderstanding of the process, but we've been over that.