This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: binutils on mingw/mingw64 large files (>2GB) support
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Vladimir Simonov <sv at sw dot ru>
- Cc: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 11:35:52 +0000
- Subject: Re: binutils on mingw/mingw64 large files (>2GB) support
- References: <4D1CBDFE.email@example.com>
objcopy built for mingw64 silently refuses to handle
files larger 2GB. The reason - mingw/mingw64 headers
(sys/stat.h) don't have _FILE_OFFSET_BITS magic.
The patch adding negative file size check is attached.
Thanks very much for submitting this patch. I have checked it in along
with this changelog entry.
2011-01-06 Vladimir Siminov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* bucomm.c (get_file_size): Check for negative sizes and issue a
warning message if encountered.