This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: disable libiberty for picochip build.
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf dot Wildenhues at gmx dot de>, Hari Sandanagobalane <hariharans at picochip dot com>, Hariharan Sandanagobalane <hariharan dot sandanagobalane at picochip dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 08:44:06 -0800
- Subject: Re: disable libiberty for picochip build.
- References: <4D11D462.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20101223103949.GB8203@gmx.de> <4D1374B3.email@example.com> <20110102164020.GK10951@gmx.de>
On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 8:40 AM, Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf.Wildenhues@gmx.de> wrote:
> * Hari Sandanagobalane wrote on Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 05:11:31PM CET:
>> On 23/12/10 10:39, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
>> >* Hari Sandanagobalane wrote on Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 11:35:14AM CET:
>> >>I have now committed (168165) the following change in mainline to disable
>> >>libiberty for picochip builds. Thanks
>> >This patch is missing the regeneration of the generated configure
>> >script. ?Also, toplevel needs to be synced to the src repository.
>> >Please ping me if you need someone to do the latter for you.
>> I have regenerated the configure script and checked the change in.
>> Would you be able to tell me what you mean by the
>> "synced to the src repository"?
> That is described at
> <http://gcc.gnu.org/codingconventions.html#upstream> and
> and is about files shared between GCC, binutils, gdb, and other
>> If you can do it, that is great. But, i would like to know what
>> steps i missed so i do it right the next time!
> If you don't have write access to the src CVS repository, please mention
> that you need somebody to sync for you.
> FYI, I'm committing as below to src.
> In your commit log entries, please put two spaces between name and email
> 2011-01-02 ?Ralf Wildenhues ?<Ralf.Wildenhues@gmx.de>
> ? ? ? ?Sync from GCC:
> ? ? ? ?2010-12-22 ?Hariharan Sandanagobalane ?<firstname.lastname@example.org>
> ? ? ? ?* configure.ac: (picochip): Disable libiberty.
> ? ? ? ?* configure: Regenerate.
Shouldn't we also sync ChangeLog in libiberty?