Re: PATCH: Optimize add_archive_element call

On 12/12/2010 04:02, Alan Modra wrote:

> Yes, but the same in ldlang.c too.  It's true that "member" is used
> later, but I think that is a bug.  Better to report an error against
> the actual file that caused the problem.

  But the original file /is/ the actual file and the subsbfd isn't actually a
file at all, it's a synthetic stand-in for the original file; the subsbfd just
has the same name with the ugly ".ironly\004" tag appended, and any problem
with it is in fact a problem with the original file (specifically, the IR
parts of the original file.)  I was trying to avoid ever showing the
internal-use-only substitute bfd names to the user.

    cheers,
      DaveK