Re: "ld -r" on mixed IR/non-IR objects (

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010, Andrew Pinski wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Andi Kleen <andi@firstfloor.org> wrote:
> > The gcc maintainers unfortunately didn't want to integrate the
> > wrapper scripts to make it easy, but they can be always downloaded
> > separately and I assume distributions will eventually ship
> > them anyways.
>
> No we do just not as scripts.  We want real programs rather shell
> based scripts so it is more portable.

And programs that take proper account of the transformed name under which
the compiler driver they are running will be installed, rather than
hardcoding "gcc" (and bad assumptions that the presence of "xgcc" means a
GCC build directory), to mention another piece of my feedback that was
ignored in the resubmission.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com