Re: Release 2.21 - Pre tests

Tristan Gingold <gingold@adacore.com> writes:

> On Dec 1, 2010, at 5:53 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>
>> Tristan Gingold <gingold@adacore.com> writes:
>>
>>> Not sure too.  Maybe we should document that gcc 4.1.3 is know to work
>>> too, while gcc 4.1.0 - 4.1.2 are known to fail.
>>
>> I have committed this patch to mainline and 2.21 branch.
>
> BTW, is the web page still accurate:
>
>   * gold - A new, faster, ELF only linker, still in beta test.
>
> Ie, do you consider gold as 'still in beta test' ?

I don't really, but in the wider scheme of things gold is perhaps
reasonably described as in beta test until it is the standard linker for
at least one distro.  Also I would like to see the kernel developers
reliably test with gold, and of course the glibc build still does not
work with gold.  I don't really know what the web page should say.

Ian