mips and frv testsuite failures after plugin patch

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 04:08:23PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
> On 18/10/2010 14:31, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> > Does it also mean that you're OK if I create the release branch this week ?
>
>   Yep.  I'm still waiting for someone to explicitly OK the one real bug fix at

Dave, your patch introduced a bunch of testsuite failures, some shown
below.

frv-elf  +FAIL: FRV TLS relocs, static linking
frv-elf  +FAIL: FRV TLS relocs, dynamic linking
frv-elf  +FAIL: FRV TLS relocs, pie linking
frv-elf  +FAIL: FRV TLS relocs, shared linking with local binding
frv-elf  +FAIL: FRV TLS relocs, shared linking with relaxation
frv-elf  +FAIL: FRV TLS relocs with addends, dynamic linking
frv-elf  +FAIL: FRV TLS relocs with addends, shared linking
frv-elf  +FAIL: FRV TLS relocs with addends, shared linking with static TLS
frv-elf  +FAIL: FRV TLS relocs with addends, dynamic linking, relaxing
frv-elf  +FAIL: FRV TLS relocs with addends, shared linking, relaxing
frv-elf  +FAIL: FRV TLS relocs with addends, shared linking with static TLS, relaxing
mips-linux  +FAIL: Dynamic executable with TLS
mips-linux  +FAIL: Shared library with multiple GOTs and TLS
mips-linux  +FAIL: Dynamic executable with TLS and versioning
mips-linux  +FAIL: Dynamic executable with TLS and versioning (order 2)
mips-linux  +FAIL: Dynamic executable with TLS and versioning (order 3)
mips-linux  +FAIL: Shared library with TLS and hidden symbols (3)

>From a quick look at the symptoms and at the changes your patch
introduced, I'd say it was simply due to opening the plugin bfd in
plugin_get_ir_dummy_bfd via ldfile_try_open_bfd.  A number of the hash
functions in elf32-frv.c and elfxx-mips.x use abfd->id, resulting in
various bits and pieces coming out of a hash traversal in a different
order after your patch.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM