Re: Contribute Target Question

Eric & All,

Thanks for your replies & feedback.  I'll answer things backwards
through the email chain.

I got am email from the avr32 support team and may have mis-read into
it that the stand alone toolchain would be dropped in favor of an
AVR32 Studio only solution.  For this confusion I am sorry & am happy
to stand corrected.

Given that Atmel is going to provide their changes upstream, I agree
with Eric's suggested path for many reasons.  I started this thread
because of the above mis-understanding, the code hadn't made it into
the main trunk yet, and the latest release was a while ago and pretty
solid.

I'd like to thank Atmel for the support they give the community at
large and their responsiveness to questions.  I'll talk to Eric
directly to see if he thinks there is a need for help from me.  Thanks
for the information & I won't hesitate to follow the FSF steps if it
makes sense to contribute in some way.

--Wes