Re: [RFC] Rewrite obj-coff-seh.c

2010/8/25 Richard Henderson <rth@redhat.com>:
> I'm a bit disappointed there wasn't better code review done when
> this file was first created. ?It does nothing the standard way
> compared to the rest of the gas source base.
>
> This is a total rewrite. ?Improvements:
>
> ?(1) Hopefully better parsing diagnostics.
> ?(2) Use of expression instead of raw strings.
> ?(3) Use of symbol_temp_new_now instead of made up global symbols.
> ?(4) Use of emit_expr instead of frobbing bfd_set_section_contents.
>
> This is good enough to not crash cross-compiling to x86_64-mingw32,
> with additional patches to have gcc emit SEH directives. ?I have not
> yet combed through the xdata info to make sure it's all correct. ?I
> have not yet cross-compiled to ARM, MIPS, or SH to make sure that
> still works. ?I have not tried to actually perform a real unwinding
> on a win64 system.
>
> Comments greatly appreciated.
>

> r~

Hello Richard,

first thanks for your rework of it. One point to mention here is, that
by this patch chained blocks of unwind-information aren't supported
anymore, but well, by this we can live IMHO. Secondly on first glance
I had to notice that the unwind-codes aren't aligned any more. So the
generated blocks are not usable. See the logic in old variant about
stored number of uw-codes and the actual (aligned) size written to
xdata.

Further tests will come then.

Kai