Re: [patch binutils ld]: PR ld/11612 Make def-file parser aware of internal names

2010/7/9 Kai Tietz <Kai.Tietz@onevision.com>:
> Hello,
>
> by recent change to remove leading underscore we had to notice that
> def-file parser didn't handle internal names in places as ID. I am pretty
> curious, as this should happen for arm-pe targets, too.
> This patch fixes the def-file parser/grammer in ld and binutils
>
> ChangeLog for binutils/
> 2010-07-09 ?Kai Tietz
>
> ? ? ? ?PR ld/11612
> ? ? ? ?* defparse.y (all_id): New type.
> ? ? ? ?(ID): Replaced by all_id.
>

> ChangeLog for ld/
> 2010-07-09 ?Kai Tietz
>
> ? ? ? ?PR ld/11612
> ? ? ? ?* deffilep.y (allids): New type.
> ? ? ? ?(ID): Replaced by allids.
> ? ? ? ?(SEGMENTS): New token id.
>
> Tested for i686-pc-cygwin, x86_64-pc-mingw32 without regressions. Ok for
> apply?

I found that for optional names and for attributes some important
keywords had a chance to be interpreted as identifies instead.

This patch update fixes this.

Kai

PS: Possibly it would be a good thing to rethink the implementation of
'.' and names in def-files. But this should be a discussion in a
different thread. I see that the current approach in scanning .def
files is near to the point of being no longer maintainable in current
state.