This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Misleading error message from gas/configure.tgt for generic a.out
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Gunther Nikl <gnikl at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 22:58:07 +0930
- Subject: Re: Misleading error message from gas/configure.tgt for generic a.out
- References: <4C2D85FE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 08:23:58AM +0200, Gunther Nikl wrote:
> What am I missing here?
That your assembler does not work reliably, perhaps?
Are you sufficiently interested in m68k-aout to spend the time
verifying that a BFD based assembler is at least as good an option for
users as an older binutils where m68k-aout was still supported?
Australia Development Lab, IBM