Re: Binutils 2.20 - Windres problems building pthreads/libiconv on Open Solaris

On 14 February 2010 14:54, Dave Korn <dave.korn.cygwin@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 14/02/2010 03:44, Dave Korn wrote:
>
>> we could do. ÂBut the other thing I'm wondering is if MS-ANSI isn't just a
>> slightly non-standard name for CP1252, so maybe we could change the default to
>> use that one
>
> ÂTony, the attached patch fixes the crash on my osol VM, would you like to
> give it a test?

Thanks Dave, that seems to work (though it took me a while to find the
--enable-maintainer-mode). The segfault no longer occurs with the
default, and specifying -c 0 causes it to happen again.

I don't know a great deal about codepages, but it does seems that
Microsoft refers to the 1250-1258 range as ANSI to distinguish them
from Unicode.

Cheers,

Tony