Re: sparc TPOFF handling in GOLD

From: David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:00:28 -0800 (PST)

> From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com>
> Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:54:00 -0800
>
>> I haven't yet looked into how x86_64 works, but it seems to me that
>> the problem kind of boils down the fact that there is no way to
>> control the addend when using add_local_with_rela.  Does that sound
>> right to you?
>
> Yep, that sounds about right.

Actually, I stand corrected.  It's the lack of ability to control the
addend _and_ the symbol index.

For local symbol IE relocations we definitely want the TPOFF{32,64} to
be output with a zero symbol index and relative addend calculations.

As we've been discussing, there is currently no easy way to do this
from a GOLD target.