Re: m68k no longer supported?

On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 02:05:31PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 07:49:14PM +0100, Josef Wolf wrote:
> > Because I have an emulator that understands only the ieee-695 object file
> > format. IIRC, enabling two output file format used to work correctly in older
> > binutils. Is it the ieee that is no longer supported?
>
> I don't think you need the target to get at the output file format
> using objcopy.  I build m68k-elf assemblers all the time, so that
> part is certainly supported.

Looks like --enable-targets=m68k-ieee was the cause of all my build problems.
At least I can build the whole toochain if I omit this option. I have not
checked (yet) whether the resulting code actually works on the target,
though.

But I am still somewhat confused. Is it the m68k-ieee target that is no longer
supported or is it the --additional-targets option that causes the problems?