Mapping Addresses for Shared Library Routines to Code

Hi,

This may not be the perfect place to ask
but you guys are likely to know the answer. :)

I am looking into using qemu to get trace
data on native Linux executables.  qemu
generates the output and includes instructions
from shared libraries.  Since we are
already analysing this data to do coverage
for RTEMS, I know how to do it for
statically linked executables.

For dynamically linked executables, the traces
include the indirect call to the shared
library routine and the assembly statements
executed in the share library.  So the trace
data is OK.

My question is: How can I figure out what
dynamically loaded routine corresponds to
those addresses in the trace?  Is there some
utility to "preload" and give me a symbol
table?

Any ideas at all would be appreciated.

Thanks.

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985