Re: linker --relax option with debug info

Hi Swami,

I am using a target (ie cr16-elf) with relax option supported by linker. But when I wanted to debug an application with -g option, I could see some mis-match in debug information, due to --relax option.

Could you please suggest, if the --relax option need to disable with -g option?

I would advise against this. It would be better to find and fix the problems in the relaxing code when working with debug information. If you have a look at the MN10300 port you may find some hints as to where the problem(s) may be found. (I spent a lot of time fixing the MN10300 port to work with -g and --relax).

The point is that you should be able to debug optimized code and therefore the use should be able to use g and --relax together.