Re: [Patch]: ld crash on i386/pe when linking with a dll that has no exports

Tristan Gingold wrote:

> Ok, here is what I am checking.  I think that comments are clarified.
>
> (Note: I think that the number of directory entries is always 16.  But the
> check is harmless).

  The number of directory entries is *usually* 16, but the spec explicitly
allows it to be greater or fewer and warns that you must always validate
everything against the header size and number of directory entries.  So the
check is definitely required and not just mostly harmless.

    cheers,
      DaveK