This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Add AppliedMicro Titan (APM83xxx) support
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Philipp Tomsich <philipp dot tomsich at theobroma-systems dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:41:30 +1030
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Add AppliedMicro Titan (APM83xxx) support
- References: <E2D11D64-B3F9-4201-B1FB-82B0BB2CB24C@theobroma-systems.com>
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 12:44:37AM +0100, Philipp Tomsich wrote:
> This is a patch to add support for the AppliedMicro Titan core.
Your email client destroyed whitespace so the patch won't apply.
Also, please don't submit the ChangeLog entries as diffs (unless you
have CVS write privilege and can apply the patch yourself).
> +/* Opcode is supported by CPUs with PPC440-syle half-word multiply
> instructions */
> +#define PPC_OPCODE_MULHW 0x800000000ULL
Don't invent unnecessary opcode flags. You broke powerpc 476 with
this change. It's fine to add a MULHW macro in ppc-opc.c which
combines existing flags to keep the opcode table formatted nicely.
> + else if ((operand->flags & PPC_OPERAND_PMR) != 0)
> + (*info->fprintf_func) (info->stream, "pmctr%ld", value);
E300 calls these registers pmr<n>, so your choice for titan might look
a little confusing to E300 programmers. Also, the resulting
disassembly is that much harder to assemble. I think I'd prefer you
not make this change.
Please resubmit the patch.
Australia Development Lab, IBM