This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Q: debugging linker scripts
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- To: danny dot backx at scarlet dot be
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 14:32:41 +0000
- Subject: Re: Q: debugging linker scripts
- References: <1258191835.5171.212.camel@pavilion>
Danny Backx wrote:
> How can I debug linker scripts ?
> I'm working on an issue with cegcc : DLLs generated by it don't work on
> Windows Mobile 6.1 and higher, they do still work with 6.0 .
> The stuff I got from Kai is a good basis, Vincent R has given me a lot
> of info on where the problems appear to be. Based on that, I'm fiddling
> with the linker script.
> But I cannot find a way to debug them. Is there a way for ld to print
> variable values inside linker scripts ? A way to make the script put
> stuff into a debug logfile ?
Between them, the -Map and --verbose output usually give you most of the
information you need to understand why ld does what it does; what else do you
want to know? (See also --enable-extra-pe-debug, which dumps a whole bunch of
hard-to-read trace output.)